Anyone can be a Paddler!
Well, almost anyone.
You must be 18 or older. That’s pretty much the only requirement. Maybe also be healthy-ish, like just not broken. We don’t want anyone to get hurt.
Be a winner!
Paddle at your opponent, yes, at them, in a shared canoe, in our custom “Battle Ground,” to reach the end.
Be an honorable competitor and do your sponsor proud.
Claim your spot on the bracket TODAY!
We max out at 16 men and 16 women
Spots are open until they aren’t. We will take registration forms until we reach capacity
Friday, July 26th, 2019
Downtown Grayling, 200 Block of Michigan Ave.
You will find us in the heart of it all during the AuSable River Festival in the Main Stage and Beer Tent Area.
- Helps GMSt put on a fun event – No one wants to watch just our staff in the canoe, guaranteed.
- You have a competitive spirit and like winning.
- Your spouse or friend actually already signed you up and you are just here trying to figure out what you’re doing.
- Cash – if you win.
- A trophy – if you win, or really stink, either one will earn you a token to remember us.
- Download the form from the top of this page, or get one from the office.
- Fill in the pertinent blanks on said form.
- Return the completed form to GMSt.
- Email us a picture. Don’t give the staff a reason to search the internet for who she thinks you might be.
- Prepare to annihilate your opponents.
- Win, maybe?
The fourth annual fight for the prestigious honor of being named Paddle Battle Champion takes place on July 26th, 2019!
In the middle of the AuSable River Festival, on the eve of one of the most elite canoe marathons in the world, up to 32 paddlers, 16 men and 16 women, will vie to be crowned the Paddle Battle Champions. All happening right in the heart of Downtown Grayling, Michigan’s Most Colorful Rivertown!
Two at a time, competitors will face off in one canoe. Paddling toward their opponent, each will fight to reach the end of the pool and avoid elimination. Only the victors advance to the next round, where they will meet a new challenger and continue their quest to unseat the 2018 Paddle Battle Champions: Vicki Hart and Mo Harwood.
Our custom made “Battle Ground” will be the center piece of Downtown Grayling for one afternoon, as spectators cheer on paddle wielding warriors, while enjoying Michigan craft brews and the warm summer air.
Grab some grub from the AuSable River Festival food court, just one block away, or any of our great local eateries, then pull up a chair to watch the action!
We look forward to another great year and hope that you will join us for this fun annual community event!