2021 AuSable River Canoe Marathon Banner Program
The AuSable River Marathon Banner Program, a Grayling Main Street committee, is proud to offer a new opportunity, to honor your favorite marathon paddler or team. Each year the committee will coordinate the display of banners along Michigan Ave, starting in Downtown Grayling. The banners will be displayed throughout July as we gear up for Grayling’s premium sporting event.
The money collected from this program will first cover the cost of implementation, then be divided into three categories: the development and implementation of an ARCM memorial installation in Grayling (25%), a fund for team sponsorships (37.5%), and downtown programming (37.5%).
Standard Program Details
- Sponsor may select their favorite paddler/team, select a historical photo from our portfolio, or let us pick one for you.
- Grayling Main Street will not verify paddler or team status, we will ask the applicant attest to the accuracy of the paddler/team.
- AuSable River Marathon Banner Program Application period begins March 1st of the display year, applications must be returned by the 1st Friday of June of the display year.
- Banners may be displayed for up to four (4) consecutive years.
- Renewal rate is $100 to use the existing banner.
- Banners that are renewed will only be replaced if necessary.
- Upon banner retirement, the banner will be presented to the sponsor.
- Banner location is at the sole discretion of the committee. Requested locations will be accommodated to the best of the committee’s ability but are not guaranteed.
- Banner placement will rotate from year to year, with an attempt to minimize the duplication of individual banners in the central Downtown district.
- Upon receipt of payment, applicants will be notified by email, and will have approximately 2 weeks to provide the following if it has not been submitted with the original application:
- Digital image of selected paddler or team. If you do not have a digital image, please inform the GMSt office as soon as possible.
- Verification of the proper spelling of the name you want displayed.
- Verification of the sponsor listing you want displayed on the banner.
- Any applicants that have not returned the required information within the provided window will be disqualified and a replacement applicant will be selected. The same expectation will be bestowed upon the replacement applicant.
- Grayling Main Street, the City of Grayling, and the AuSable River Marathon Banner Program Committee reserve the right to amend the rules at any time and cancel or postpone the display of banners, with or without notice.
- Participants will be asked to sign a waiver for their image and commentary to be used by Grayling Main Street and the Committee.
- Banners will not be ordered until payment has been received.
- No refunds will be provided for banners that have been ordered or printed.
- Online application can be found at: https://4eyes.io/s/4i7wb/
- Printed application should be returned to: Grayling Main Street, PO Box 226, Grayling, MI 49738.
For additional information feel free to contact Grayling Main Street by phone at 989 390 7689 or email at DowntownGrayling@gmail.com