In July 2021 Downtown Grayling launched our social district. Some may have noticed a difference during the annual AuSable River Festival. A social district is a designated area where patrons can carry their open alcoholic beverage in public spaces. It has been a long road to full activation, but we are finally there This week most of our participating businesses have their permits from MLCC and we are excited to welcome everyone to Brew Ave!
Below you will find the map of our district, participating licensees, as well as the Code of Conduct. In order for us to keep Brew Ave we MUSDT abide by the very simple rules.
Social districts have been rolling out across Michigan since July of 2020. While the push for these districts long pre-dates the 2020 Covid-19 Pandemic, the safety measures taken during shut down accelerated their activation in Michigan. Social districts are a great way to help businesses maintain revenue while working with less space, and less staff.
Grayling’s Brew Ave asks patrons to abide by a few simple rules:
- Drink Responsibly.
- Behave Respectfully – refrain from loud, aggressive, and disruptive behavior.
- Alcoholic beverages may be consumed in “Brew Ave” between 10 AM and 11 PM, unless otherwise posted.
- Alcoholic beverages must be purchased from businesses located within the social district.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased outside “Brew Ave” are NOT permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages will be sold in branded plastic cups or with proper container markings.
- Alcoholic beverage cups are NOT reusable.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at one licensee may not be carried into another licensee’s business.
- Respect business wishes – do not enter a business with an alcoholic beverage unless otherwise posted.
- Properly dispose of beverage containers in trash receptacles.
- Respect the boundaries of “Brew Ave” by adhering to posted district signage maps.
- Leaving the social district with an alcoholic beverage violates state and local law.
So, stop in to your favorite watering hole and grab a drink to walk around our district with!