COMMITTEE CHAIR: TOM STEFFEN
The Design Committee plays a key role in shaping the physical image of Main Street as a place attractive to shoppers, investors, business owners, and visitors.
To succeed, our committee must persuade fiercely independent business, property owners, and civic leaders to adopt a collaborative approach for physical improvements to buildings, businesses, and public improvements by:
Educating others about good design – enhancing the image of each business as well as that of the district.
Providing good design advice, through design services, and encouraging quality improvements to private properties and public spaces.
Planning Main Street’s development by guiding future growth and shaping regulations for our buildings and open spaces.
Motivating others to make changes by providing quality information and resource, creating incentives for development, and targeting key projects that support the strategic vision of the Grayling Main Street program.
An effective Promotions Committee member will demonstrate these and other characteristics:
- Knows or has a willingness to learn and support the Main Street 4-Point Approach.
- Has a basic understanding of the economic circumstances of small retailers.
- Has skills or interest in retail merchandising, planting/gardening, architecture, and/or art.
- Has a genuine desire to serve on the committee.
- Expresses self clearly, yet eagerly exchanges ideas with others.
- Keeps an open mind about new ideas.
- Thinks about the ‘big picture,” striving to focus on details that support the strategic vision of the Grayling Main Street Program.
- Cooperates willingly in a team effort.
- Stays focused on the task at hand.
- Rolls up sleeves willingly and pitches in to do the committee’s work.
- Carries out plans and projects in a timely and professional manner.
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Location: Grayling Restaurant
Date: Third Tuesday of the month
*Meeting dates/times are subject to change if needed.