The Organization Committee plays a key role in keeping the board, committees, staff and program-of-work in good shape by attracting people and money to the organization. To succeed the organization committee must take responsibility for managing the financial and logistical aspects of a nonprofit/municipality organization by:
For projects and administration, from donations, sponsorship, and partnerships.
By recruiting people, supervising them, and rewarding good work.
Promoting our program
To downtown business and property owners, as well as local stakeholders and the general public near and far.
An effective Organization Committee member will demonstrate these and other characteristics:
- Knows or has a willingness to learn and support the Main Street 4-Point Approach.
- Has a basic understanding of the economic circumstances of small retailers.
- Has skills or interest in finance, volunteer development, and/or fund-raising.
- Has a genuine desire to serve on the committee.
- Expresses self clearly, yet eagerly exchanges ideas with others.
- Keeps an open mind about new ideas.
- Thinks about the ‘big picture,” striving to focus on details that support the strategic vision of the Grayling Main Street Program.
- Cooperates willingly in a team effort.
- Stays focused on the task at hand.
- Rolls up sleeves willingly and pitches in to do the committee’s work
- Carries out plans and projects in a timely and professional manner.
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Location: Grayling Restaurant
Date: Third Tuesday of the month
*Meeting dates/times are subject to change if needed.